I’ve never done a baking post before , but I do really love baking so I thought I would share with you one of my favourite recipes! I mean who doesn’t love cookies? It’s by the queen of baking Mary Berry and I’m always craving them. They are soft and gooey , which in my opinion is what the perfect cookie should be!
It makes roughly 20 !
You will need :
• 4 oz / 100g Butter
• 3 oz / 75g Caster Sugar
• 2 oz / 50 g Light Muscovado Sugar
• 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
• 1 Large Egg
• 5 oz / 150g Self Raising Flour
• 4 oz / 100g Chocolate Chips or chunks of your favourite chocolate bar
- Preheat the oven to Gas 5 and lightly grease the baking trays with butter. You’ll probably need about three.
- Measure the butter and sugar into the bowl and beat thoroughly until evenly blended . You can either use an electric mixer , but I use by hand because it makes the mixture fluffier .
- Beat the egg and add vanilla extract . Then slowly add a little bit at a time to the butter and sugar mixture , beating well between each addition.
- Then fold in the flour , and stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon large teaspoons of the mixture onto the prepared baking trays , but make sure you leave enough room so that they have enough room to spread.
- Bake the cookies in batches in the preheated oven , on the top shelf for 8-10 minutes or until they are golden brown. Watch them carefully though because they easily turn dark brown.
- Leave them to cool for a few minutes and then lift them off with a palette knife and place on a wire cooling rack!Then ENJOY!!
These are perfect if you’re after something quick and easy and obviously scrumptious! They’re so soft and gooey and taste like heaven!! If you decide to try these delicious cookies please tweet me photos @jxnna_b ! I’m definitely going to be sharing with you some more of the recipes that I love !